A thespian without vanity
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-50%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-50% sur les sacs à dos pour ordinateur portable Urban Factory ...
19.99 € 39.99 €
Voir le deal

Somewhere

2 participants

Somewhere Empty Somewhere

Message  Matthieu Sam 6 Juin 2009 - 9:55

Quelqu'un a-t-il une idée de quelle pièce il peut s'agir ? Neutral
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

http://www.matthew-macfadyen.org/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Somewhere Empty Re: Somewhere

Message  Luce Sam 6 Juin 2009 - 11:01

C'est uniquement "MM poussant la chansonnette" qui m'y fait penser !
Il y a bien un “Somewhere”, musique de Leonard Bernstein, paroles de Stephen Sondheim, dans West Side Story... après tout. Laughing
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Sam 6 Juin 2009 - 13:46

Trouvé !

Il s'agit d'une pièce écrite par Judith Johnson, créée au National Theatre (consulter les archives) en avril 1992 et publiée dans "Frontline Intelligence 1" chez Methuen.
Spoiler:
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Matthieu Sam 6 Juin 2009 - 14:33

Un autre texte (Uganda) est publié dans "Frontline Intelligence 3". La biographie précise :
Somewhere (won the Literature Newcomer, Liverpool Arts Awards; produced at the Cottesloe as part of the Springboards Festival, 1993)
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Luce Sam 6 Juin 2009 - 14:50

En allant sur le site du NT, on trouve à cette adresse :
SPRINGBOARDS - WORK FROM STUDIO THEATRES:
THE NEIGHBOUR by Meredith Oakes
Director John Burgess
Cottesloe 21 April 1993
SOMEWHERE by Judith Johnson
Cottesloe 24 April 1993
(Studio/Liverpool Playhouse co-production)
HOVE devised by the Studio and Talking Tongues
Dir David Farr
Cottesloe 28 April 1993
BABY DOLL chamber opera by Andrew Poppy
from original screenplay by Tennessee Williams
Director Julia Bardsley
Cottesloe 5 May 1993
(Studio /Leicester Haymarket co-production)
HE WHO SAW EVERYTHING fragments from the
Epic of Gilgamesh in a verse translated by Robert Temple
Director Tim Supple
Cottesloe 12 May 1993
et, alors que les autres pièces montrées dans le cadre du Studio du NT ont un metteur en scène attitré, celle-là n'en a pas, à moins que ce soit John Burgess qui ait fait travailler disons les élèves de RADA ?... Matthew pourrait avoir joué en 1993 dans la petite salle "Cottesloe" du NT ? Smile
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Sam 6 Juin 2009 - 15:06

J'avais aussi noté le problème de la date.
Les archives du NT (lien ci-dessus) donnent Polly Teale comme metteur en scène, ainsi que la distribution pour les deux théâtres. Pas de MM...
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Luce Sam 6 Juin 2009 - 15:11

Matthieu a écrit:J'avais aussi noté le problème de la date.
Les archives du NT (lien ci-dessus) donnent Polly Teale comme metteur en scène, ainsi que la distribution pour les deux théâtres. Pas de MM...
J'ai trouvé Polly Teale aussi à la Masterclass. Wink

Sad
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Dim 14 Juin 2009 - 15:30

Polly Teale (Royaume-Uni) : La lutte entre l’intérieur et l’extérieur.

Judith Johnson

La pièce date bien de 1992.
Spoiler:
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Matthieu Jeu 18 Juin 2009 - 18:38

J'ai reçu le livre aujourd'hui. La version "atelier" date de 1992, la version publique de 1993 (voir ici).

Lire la postface de l'auteur(e).
In the Spring of 1991 I was lucky enough to spend eight weeks in residency at the Royal National Theatre Studio, and to be commissioned by them to write a play. To be given time, money, and a quiet space in which to write is wonderful for any writer; but for me the most important thing was that I could write anything I liked. I had no restrictions on length or cast or subject matter.
Having spent a couple of years prior to this writing mainly with and for community groups and Young People's Theatre, I was now in seventh heaven. Much as I had enjoyed this work, I now welcomed the freedom from its restrictions. For the first time in a long while I could forget about budget, I could swear as much as I liked, I could write in detail about sex, and, most important of all, I could afford to make mistakes and still get paid! And if that wasn't enough for me, I was given a 'guru' to work with. The Studio's policy is to pair up new writers on residency with more experienced writers. My 'guru' was Winsome Pinnock, a writer I already knew and respected. Winsome visited me twice weekly at the Studio, read any work I had produced and discussed it with me. Then we would gossip indulgently for hours about 'our lives as writers'. It was great!
So I was ready. I sat down to write. I knew that I had four major preoccupations running around in my head at that time. Firstly, I was interested in people of my own age group, who had left school at the beginning of the 'Thatcher' years. What had happened to the people I grew up with and how had eleven years of continuing recession in the North West affected their lives? Secondly, I wanted to look at the sex industry, in prostitution in particular, and in the process that led to women becoming prostitutes. Thirdly, I wanted to write about a tough, fighting, well-hard, working-class girl. And finally, I wanted to write about love.
I sat down to write and the story just flowed out. By the end of my eight-week residency I had finished my first draft. And I felt better about it than anything I had ever written. Not only had I been able to pour my heart out, I had been helped along the way by Winsome's advice. Having somebody to discuss my play and help me shape it at such an early stage meant that my first draft was more like a second draft. I had saved myself a lot of lonely explorative work, wondering which direction to go in, wondering whether my instincts were right.
Of course that wasn't it. I've rewritten Somewhere at least twice since then and I expect I'll find yet more things to consider before its production at the Liverpool Playhouse and at the National in 1993. Last year Somewhere was workshopped at the National Studio. A group of actors, a brilliant director, a designer, stage manager and myself got together for three weeks to explore the text. Again I was able to learn a lot about the play and have a good look at how my ideas worked when tested in the arena for which they were intended. The live, 'workshopped' version was performed twice to invited audiences. The response was very positive. I hope that your response to the written version is the same.

Judith Johnson
January, 1993
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Luce Jeu 18 Juin 2009 - 21:13

Merci ! Very Happy
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Ven 19 Juin 2009 - 22:40

Luce a écrit:Il y a bien un “Somewhere”, musique de Leonard Bernstein, paroles de Stephen Sondheim, dans West Side Story... après tout. Laughing
En fait, tu n'avais pas entièrement tort : la pièce se termine sur cette chanson, mais version Tom Waits...

Eh bien, je serais curieux de savoir comment les jeunes acteurs étudiants choisissaient leurs pièces à la RADA, et quel rôle MM pouvait avoir dans celle-ci. Etonnant ! Attachant !
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé