A thespian without vanity
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-45%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre 14 couverts – ...
339 € 622 €
Voir le deal

Red / April 2011

3 participants

Page 1 sur 2 1, 2  Suivant

Red / April 2011 Empty Red / April 2011

Message  Matthieu Mer 2 Mar 2011 - 22:16

pale Lire Red et voir rouge... J'ai envie de jeter l'éponge. Sad
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

http://www.matthew-macfadyen.org/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Red / April 2011 Empty Re: Red / April 2011

Message  Marina Mer 2 Mar 2011 - 22:33

Please don't! It was not new to us that he prefers Mauritius for his holidays... And he is still one of the best actors at all.
Marina
Marina
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Mer 2 Mar 2011 - 22:44

He probably is and there is nothing wrong with preferring Mauritius for one's holidays. But to serve one's family up like that for public consumption is properly indecent. Talk about privacy... they just behave like Celine Dion! Do we want to encourage this?
Enough with hypocrisy: we -grown-up fans- have to say 'stop'. That article should never have been uploaded in galleries, let alone posted on a frontpage, but proudly ignored instead... in my very humble opinion.

Spoiler:
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Red / April 2011 Empty Mes amours mortes

Message  Matthieu Jeu 3 Mar 2011 - 9:32

But that's the point of Macfadyen: he's all actor, and although he may be about to become a star, being dazzling off the stage and away from the screen is not his trade. 'The thing that is attractive about acting is that the curtain comes down,' he says, and as he talks he begins to light up.

'The point of being an actor,' he continues with great conviction, 'the whole idea of being an actor is that people don't know who you are.' He pauses and begins to become invisible again. 'If they know who you are you can't do it,' he says simply. 'You're f***ed.'
Source
And although MacFadyen would have you believe that he can’t imagine why anyone would be interested in his life beyond the performances he gives on stage or screen, he then goes on to say something that suggests that even he is not immune to the fascination of actors. “I just loved the whole idea of being an actor. We were waiting by the coach to go back to school where I was, and I’d look at the stage door and think, these creatures — where do they live? Where are they going now? To the pub! Wow! What’s exciting is there’s a curtain that divides the audience from this other world. You want to see behind.”
Source
"Sometimes you sound terribly pompous when you say things like this, but I don't want to see actors I really admire in Heat doing their shopping. You go and see a play and the curtain comes down, there's a line between actor and audience and I like that. If you've been on telly once, you can go to all the parties and that's fine, but it doesn't really matter what actors think about abortion or the war in Iraq."
Source
During a peripatetic childhood in the Far East (his father worked for an oil company), he read actors' biographies "to a fairly obsessive degree. I think what I adored about these people - the Gielguds and the Oliviers - was that they would give these fantastic, life-changing performances and then the curtain would come down and the actor would disappear out the stage door and into the night. It's sad now, because actors are required to publicise their productions more and more, and that glamour has been lost. "I can't bear the endless magazine articles, the camera following you down the road. . . I still love that image of the curtain coming down and the actor being anonymous."
Source
"Besides, the more you know about an actor the less interesting it is to watch them. As much as I want to know what Daniel Day Lewis has for breakfast, I kind of don't, because I want to watch him without any preconceived ideas."
Source

Spoiler:
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Marina Jeu 3 Mar 2011 - 12:35

Don't forget he is human. He is a human being. No superman, he is not flawless... and the whole thing seems to come from Keeley.
But I too was surprised. It was not Matthew-like.
Try to understand the DL ladies, they are in love and 'love makes blind', as we say in German.
And I have to admit that the Matthew-with-Ralph picture is just adorable.

Spoiler:
Marina
Marina
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Jeu 3 Mar 2011 - 13:10

Just wanted to open your eyes. The more I think about it, the more I find that article is a real shame. They have gone off their head!

Spoiler:
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Marina Jeu 3 Mar 2011 - 13:30

So, don't think too much about this article and calm down.

Spoiler:
Marina
Marina
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Jeu 3 Mar 2011 - 14:05

Spoiler:
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Red / April 2011 Empty And that's the end of it!

Message  Matthieu Jeu 3 Mar 2011 - 14:38

I think it was very nice of Matthew and Keeley to share and I'd like to say thank you for letting us fans share a few glimpses of your lives!!
How grown-up is that?

Spoiler:
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  georgiana Jeu 3 Mar 2011 - 19:51

Perdón por escribir en español: me manejo mejor con el idioma, en estos casos sobre todo.
Tres cositas:
1 - ESTA HORTERADA es cosa de "su parienta", vamos de su Kelly.
2 - "Business is business" y la crisis afecta a todo el mundo. En los últimos tiempos no está trabajando, y : hay que comer. Tres niños comen, estudian, van a Disneyland....UN PASTÓN.
3 - Seguramente las vacaciones hayan sido completamente gratis, a cambio del "posado fotográfico". Aquí lo hacen bastantes; incluso los artistas buenos, como Carmen Maura, Victoria Abril.....cuando han estado "tiesas como la mojama", de dinero. Y la página web del hotel de Mauricio es para
Shocked Shocked Shocked ¿Nadie quiere que vaya yo con mi marido e hijo allí?, prometo posar en bikini. Very Happy Very Happy
4 - Hay un refrán español que dice "Tiran más dos tetas que un par de carretas"; y el chico está coladito por Kelley hasta las trancas. Se ve perfectamente. Y ya sabes que las mujeres a veces somos muy manipuladoras.
5 - Es necesario perdonar a los demás, yo soy buena cristiana y le perdono. Sigue siendo un actor de primera categoría para mí, "un poco calzonazos" eso sí. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Me sigue gustando mucho como actor Matthew Macfadyen.
Alicia ha opinado, y no me gusta nada la presse pipeule, la odio: aquí en España es una plaga.
Saludos Matthieu
georgiana
georgiana
Membre
Membre

Message  Matthieu Jeu 3 Mar 2011 - 20:40

Merci Alicia de donner ton opinion en espagnol, cela fait sur moi l'effet d'un baume apaisant.

Vulgaire, oui, voilà bien le mot.
Aucun problème pour pardonner, mais il s'agit d'abord de faire entendre une protestation !
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Red / April 2011 Empty Nous y voilà !

Message  luce-bis Ven 4 Mar 2011 - 13:18

Ce que je dirai, en français :

Comment le mettre en pleine lumière ("urbi et orbi") et exiger de lui en même temps de bien "tirer le rideau" ?

Les choses étaient plus simples, avant, quand on était acteur de théâtre : on peut lire déjà une profonde nostalgie dans ses propos, cités plus haut... Matthew disparaît pourtant littéralement de la scène publique dès qu'il le peut - nous en savons quelque chose, n'est-ce-pas ? - mais dès qu'il sort, il est pris : il a dormi au théâtre ! Il a laissé pousser sa barbe ! Et d'ailleurs, je vous demande : met-il la barbe sur ou sous le drap quand il dort ? Trop tard, trop tard pour lui : il lui faut vivre avec...

Alors, je ne vais pas dire le contraire : je n'ai pas aimé lire cet article, effectivement plutôt lié à la manière dont Keeley traite avec la presse de sa/leur notoriété. (Mais je ferais très attention au "syndrome Marie-Antoinette" ou même famille Traboulsi, pour être plus moderne !) J'y vois en même temps, non pas une trahison, mais plutôt une tentative, pas heureuse, de ré-accrocher le rideau autre part, à la recherche d'un fil quasi-invisible, alors que, même au théâtre, le rideau de scène a disparu...

Je vois bien le souci de le punir (et de se punir soi-même) ici : bannissez-le deux jours ! Ce sera suffisant pour une première fois, non ? Pour le reste, longue vie au forum !

Luce, vacancière impénitente Cool

luce-bis
Invité

Message  Matthieu Ven 4 Mar 2011 - 13:46

An ordinary thespian, en quelque sorte ?
Je retire l'U&O (j'éteins la lumière), tire le rideau et répondrai plus tard. Bonnes vacances.
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Marina Ven 4 Mar 2011 - 23:05

We should know them well enough to be sure that they never would merchandize their family life / their children, like some other celebrities do.
I'm not very happy with this article, but I don't consider it as THAT bad. We should not dramatize it.
Marina
Marina
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  georgiana Dim 6 Mar 2011 - 14:20

Ça va bien, Matthieu?
J'espère que votre colère est retombée. Pensez que tous les gens font des erreurs et l'industrie du cinéma exige de plus en plus de publicité pour les acteurs. Sinon, on ne les embauche pas et ils ne travaillent pas, sauf les «élus» qui sont très rares dans le monde.
Muxuak.
georgiana
georgiana
Membre
Membre

Red / April 2011 Empty RED article

Message  Doris Dim 6 Mar 2011 - 19:41

Alors, après j'ai lu quelques contributions ici, je veux dire ça (mais en anglais):

Indeed, the article is very surprising, but I think there is a message behind it and that it was well considered before it was published. The message seems to be "Here we are - a happy family, nice little kids... we show them to you once and want to be left in peace afterwards... please!"
You are right, Matthieu, normally it is not MMs nature and style to be that open with his privacy but to me it made the impression that it was a necessary move on the chessboard of publicity. You have to deal with the media somehow... and you have to do tradeoffs then.
Please don't be that angry with him - and with us! Je te prie!

Doris
Invité

Message  georgiana Mar 8 Mar 2011 - 14:54

Tengo la impresión de que Matthieu se ha enfadado de verdad, mucho. Y que está pasando de seguir la carrera de Matthew como antes.
¡C'est dommage! Estará enfadado porque dicen que de momento no quiere trabajar, solo cuidar de sus babies. Y Rupert Penry sí hará PL en Nueva York.
Yo había pensado ir a conocer N. York, qué pena que no haga la obra.
georgiana
georgiana
Membre
Membre

Message  luce-bis Dim 13 Mar 2011 - 6:11

Matthew Macfadyen est et reste un comédien extraordinaire !!!! Et qui s'engage aussi... Very Happy
(voir The Observer du 13 mars 2011 : The damage caused by cuts to arts spending will affect us all).

Luce, fan décidément indéfectible. Cool

luce-bis
Invité

Message  Matthieu Dim 27 Mar 2011 - 11:45

Bien, avec le passage à l'heure d'été, nous voici vraiment installés dans le printemps. Il fait beau, je vais répondre, tranquillement. Wink
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Matthieu Dim 27 Mar 2011 - 11:46

luce-bis a écrit:Les choses étaient plus simples, avant, quand on était acteur de théâtre : on peut lire déjà une profonde nostalgie dans ses propos, cités plus haut... Matthew disparaît pourtant littéralement de la scène publique dès qu'il le peut - nous en savons quelque chose, n'est-ce-pas ? - mais dès qu'il sort, il est pris : il a dormi au théâtre ! Il a laissé pousser sa barbe ! Et d'ailleurs, je vous demande : met-il la barbe sur ou sous le drap quand il dort ? Trop tard, trop tard pour lui : il lui faut vivre avec...
Certes, la célébrité a ses revers de médaille et nombreux sont ceux qui s'en accommodent. Etre reconnu et photographié lors d'un événement public auquel on participe n'a rien d'outrageant et est plutôt flatteur. Les commentaires imbéciles qui s'ensuivent sont généralement moins le fait des journalistes de la press people que celui des fans exalté(e)s.
Cela autorise-t-il une célébrité à faire un "publi-reportage" sur ses vacances privées, avec photos de famille à la clé ? Je ne lis pas la presse susdite, mais je doute que cela soit monnaie courante.
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Matthieu Dim 27 Mar 2011 - 11:59

luce-bis a écrit:Alors, je ne vais pas dire le contraire : je n'ai pas aimé lire cet article, effectivement plutôt lié à la manière dont Keeley traite avec la presse de sa/leur notoriété. (Mais je ferais très attention au "syndrome Marie-Antoinette" ou même famille Traboulsi, pour être plus moderne !) J'y vois en même temps, non pas une trahison, mais plutôt une tentative, pas heureuse, de ré-accrocher le rideau autre part, à la recherche d'un fil quasi-invisible, alors que, même au théâtre, le rideau de scène a disparu...
Le syndrome Marie-Antoinette me parle et je suppose que tu veux parler de la famille tunisienne Trabelsi, mais loin de moi l'envie de faire porter le chapeau à KH sous prétexte que c'est elle qui porte la culotte dans leur ménage.
Je ne suis pas sûr de bien comprendre l'image du rideau et du fil quasi-invisible : j'y vois, moi, au contraire, un signe d'arrivisme du plus mauvais aloi, bien ostentatoire.
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Matthieu Dim 27 Mar 2011 - 12:30

Marina a écrit:We should know them well enough to be sure that they never would merchandize their family life / their children, like some other celebrities do.
I'm not very happy with this article, but I don't consider it as THAT bad. We should not dramatize it.
Should know? Still amused (nonplussed?) at some fans' propensity to convince themselves they know their favourite celebs better than the latter, just because they write and read tons of comments on their doings. Never would? What other proof do you need? It seems to me they HAVE.
It's an interview. It is not that bad, it is just vulgar. We? As far as I am concerned, I am not dramatizing, I just wanted to boycott (and send a signal). Others have promoted. Makes a difference.
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Matthieu Dim 27 Mar 2011 - 13:52

georgiana a écrit:Ça va bien, Matthieu?
J'espère que votre colère est retombée. Pensez que tous les gens font des erreurs et l'industrie du cinéma exige de plus en plus de publicité pour les acteurs. Sinon, on ne les embauche pas et ils ne travaillent pas, sauf les «élus» qui sont très rares dans le monde.
Muxuak.
Merci georgiana. Ma colère était moins tournée vers MM que vers celles et ceux par qui le scandale est arrivé.
En ce qui concerne l'acteur, elle a rapidement fait place à de l'amertume puis à la déception (pour laquelle je suis seul responsable, comme le disait Kahlil Gibran).
Les "élus" vont et viennent : sic transit gloria mundi, fort heureusement.
Bisous.
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Matthieu Dim 27 Mar 2011 - 14:40

Doris a écrit:Indeed, the article is very surprising, but I think there is a message behind it and that it was well considered before it was published. The message seems to be "Here we are - a happy family, nice little kids... we show them to you once and want to be left in peace afterwards... please!"
You are right, Matthieu, normally it is not MMs nature and style to be that open with his privacy but to me it made the impression that it was a necessary move on the chessboard of publicity. You have to deal with the media somehow... and you have to do tradeoffs then.
Please don't be that angry with him - and with us! Je te prie!
Well, I don't suppose it was an impulsive decision, as the holidays in Mauritius were announced weeks beforehand...
Sorry Doris, I have quite a different interpretation of the message, if ever, especially about the "once": it was not the first time that the kids were shown. Only, until then it had always been at public events, which I have nothing to complain about. This time, in my very humble opinion, they went beyond the limits, those of privacy and decency. And they got caught up in it.
Again, I'm not angry with him (I am sad for him) but with squeeing fans. I got supportive private messages, even from unexpected people, but protestation was scarse, sycophancy galore. Too bad!
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Matthieu Dim 27 Mar 2011 - 15:42

georgiana a écrit:Tengo la impresión de que Matthieu se ha enfadado de verdad, mucho. Y que está pasando de seguir la carrera de Matthew como antes.
¡C'est dommage! Estará enfadado porque dicen que de momento no quiere trabajar, solo cuidar de sus babies. Y Rupert Penry sí hará PL en Nueva York.
Yo había pensado ir a conocer N. York, qué pena que no haga la obra.
Claro que de ahora en adelante, ya no seguiré su carrera con el corazon, sino con mas razon.
Et dire que j'ai failli aller à Toronto !
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 1 sur 2 1, 2  Suivant