A thespian without vanity
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal

Le roman de Tolstoï

3 participants

Page 1 sur 3 1, 2, 3  Suivant

Le roman de Tolstoï Empty Le roman de Tolstoï

Message  Matthieu Ven 3 Juin 2011 - 17:49

A lire en ligne sur Wikisource, à acheter sur Amazon.fr. Wink
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

http://www.matthew-macfadyen.org/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Le roman de Tolstoï Empty Re: Le roman de Tolstoï

Message  Matthieu Ven 3 Juin 2011 - 22:30

Anna Karenina In A Nutshell (Shmoop University)

Lire en particulier l'analyse du personnage Stepan (Stiva) Arkadyevich Oblonsky.
Prince Oblonsky, Anna's brother and Dolly's husband, is a great guy to have at a party: he loves a good joke, he makes other people feel good about themselves, and he mingles with the best of them. Prince Oblonsky, however, is not such a great guy to go to if you need any kind of serious emotional depth. After all, after doing his best to arrange his own sister's divorce, he immediately starts imagining what kind of jokes he can make out of the whole thing to his society buds.

Oblonsky is an example of what you get when you have a character that's heavy on sentiment but light on real emotion. Consider Part 1, Chapter 11, when he gets choked up over Dolly's anger at him when he cheats on her. But in the same breath, he starts feeling for his mistress, the governess. He can't settle on any one feeling for very long, because none of his feelings are that meaningful..

Nothing particularly bad happens to Oblonsky, despite all of his adultery – he gets the job that he had been hoping for at the end (in Part 8, Chapter 2), and he and his wife continue their dysfunctional marriage. It's only characters with real emotional depth that change over the course of the novel – for better or for worse.

Oblonsky's character is fixed, which is what makes him such a great contrast for characters like Anna and Levin. It all comes down to literary algebra: it's much easier to measure a variable (i.e., a character who changes) when you've got a constant (i.e., a character who stays the same). Because Oblonsky doesn't change over the course of the novel, we're forced to wonder, why can he sleep around without ruining his life, unlike Anna? Why does his adultery not hurt his career at all, while Karenin's cheating wife ruins Karenin's career? Minor characters like Oblonsky serve as comparisons to major characters, so we can see their issues even more clearly.
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Matthieu Sam 4 Juin 2011 - 8:42

Version PDF à télécharger : tome I & tome II. Wink
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Matthieu Dim 5 Juin 2011 - 7:07

Livre audio gratuit (33h 30min). Stunned
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Matthieu Jeu 9 Juin 2011 - 20:47

SparkNotes: Anna Karenina

Analysis of Major Characters
Stiva Oblonsky

Stiva sets the novel in motion, not only in terms of plot—as the domestic upheaval caused by his affair with the family's governess brings Anna to Moscow, and thus to Vronsky—but also in terms of theme. Stiva embodies the notion that life is meant to be lived and enjoyed, not repressed by duties. He lives for the moment, thinking about responsibility only later, as his constant financial problems remind us. His dazed reaction to being chastised for adultery is not so much regret at his wrongdoing but rather regret at being caught. Indeed, even after Dolly forgives Stiva, he does not stop carrying on with other women. He does not feel any duty toward his wife and family that constrains his freedom.

Despite Stiva's actions, the novel does not portray him as exceptionally villainous. On the contrary, he represents an ordinary man in 19th century Russia. He is kind and jovial and genuinely loves his wife and family, yet he feels entitled to have sex with whomever he pleases. This apparent paradox in his character highlights the patriarchal nature of Russian society at the time. Stiva is essentially free to enjoy himself, while his wife is expected to endure his affairs in good-natured silence. Stiva nonetheless hides his affairs because he recognizes that he has a duty to be faithful to his wife, however lightly he—and society—may regard that duty.

Stiva's affair with his family's governess sets the stage for Anna’s much more dramatic struggle between private passion and social obligation. Like Anna, Stiva seeks out love and satisfaction in any way that is personally meaningful for him. But the similarity ends there. Stiva is far shallower than his sister, and lacks her emotional self-reflection and passionate intensity. His love affairs are trifles to him, whereas Anna’s becomes a matter of life and death to her. Stiva is not a dynamic character in the novel—he does not change. He is never punished for his sins and never improves his behavior. In short, Stiva’s constancy brings into relief the extraordinary changes—moral, spiritual, and psychological—that Anna undergoes.
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Le roman de Tolstoï Empty Jamais trop tard

Message  Matthieu Mar 16 Aoû 2011 - 18:40

Terminé, avec regrets. Quel beau et vrai roman intelligent que cette œuvre : de la grande littérature, comme il existe de la grande musique ! Et ce n'était qu'une traduction. Génial !
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Luce Mer 17 Aoû 2011 - 8:13

Pas d'autres mots : génial ! Mais que j'ai regretté de ne pas savoir lire le russe !
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Le roman de Tolstoï Empty Musée

Message  Matthieu Mer 17 Aoû 2011 - 9:30

Moi également. J'imagine l'impact que peut avoir la lecture du texte original : cela doit être édifiant.

La force de ce livre se traduit notamment par l'aisance avec laquelle on est amené à entendre des idées auxquelles on n'adhère pas nécessairement, à observer sereinement des faits qui d'ordinaire agacent. L'auteur ne raconte pas une histoire (l'intrigue est simple), il expose ses personnages : le lecteur, devenu visiteur d'une riche galerie humaine, confronté à chaque tableau, y puise - ou pas - son émotion. Qu'on est loin d'une lecture passive, c'est brillant ! Mais je comprends que cela puisse dérouter certains.
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Le roman de Tolstoï Empty Tableaux

Message  Matthieu Mer 17 Aoû 2011 - 10:12

Eh bien, Tom Stoppard a (eu) du pain sur la planche ! Au-delà de ma réserve initiale sur l'utilité d'adapter l’œuvre (mais au moins je l'ai lue), je suis maintenant plutôt enthousiaste à l'idée qu'un Joe Wright veuille le faire à l'écran : je crois qu'on peut lui faire confiance pour illustrer avec brio, à la façon qu'on lui connaît et avec la palette d'actrices et d'acteurs qu'il s'est choisis, nombre des tableaux que comporte le roman. Un an d'attente !
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Marina Mer 17 Aoû 2011 - 11:18

Moi aussi, j'ai confiance en Joe Wright, pour faire un film qui soit moins ennuyeux que le livre.

I missed a lot in this book: a storyline, a structure in the story ... the book is called AK, therefore she should be in the center of the story.
For me it's not comprehensible why she and Wronsky fell for each other, Tolstoy is not able to explain the development of their feelings. And he skipped from changing some glances to being pregnant as if there had been some pages missing in my book (only as if, my book is complete) ... the main characters of a love story should be sympathetic, Wronsky isn't.
On the other hand there was too much farming (when finished reading, the reader should be able to run a farm) ... and too much politics which has nothing to do with the story of AK.

This all is my opinion after having read the first half of the book, then I gave up ... Shocked
Marina
Marina
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Le roman de Tolstoï Empty Caudalie

Message  Matthieu Mer 17 Aoû 2011 - 14:00

Matthieu a écrit:Mais je comprends que cela puisse dérouter certains.
So sorry, Marina, to learn that you are among those who are/were led astray.

Ennuyeux ? Gave up? Pour ma part, j'ai apprécié ce livre comme on sirote un grand cru délicat : avec patience et respect, c'est-à-dire avec solennité et délectation. Mon verdict : ce roman fait queue de paon !

Je reviendrai sur plusieurs de tes remarques...
Spoiler:
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Marina Mer 17 Aoû 2011 - 15:29

I'd like to add that I very rarely don't finish a book.
Spoiler:
Marina
Marina
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Le roman de Tolstoï Empty Post coitum, animal triste

Message  Matthieu Mer 17 Aoû 2011 - 17:29

Spoiler:
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Le roman de Tolstoï Empty Explication de texte

Message  Matthieu Mer 17 Aoû 2011 - 20:08

Deuxième partie, fin du chapitre IX (Les Classiques de poche)
- C'est trop tard, murmura-t-elle avec un sourire.
Elle était allongée immobile, les yeux si grands ouverts qu'elle croyait elle-même en voir l'éclat dans l'obscurité.
Ces yeux brillants et ce sourire, n'est-ce pas là l'image même du Malin, du serpent tentateur prêt à mordre ?
Vingt-et-une lignes plus loin, mais peu importe le laps de temps écoulé - le destin, début du chapitre XI (Wikisource)
Ce qui pour Wronsky avait été pendant près d’un an le but unique et suprême de la vie, pour Anna un rêve de bonheur, d’autant plus enchanteur qu’il lui paraissait invraisemblable et terrible, s’était réalisé. Pâle et tremblant, il était debout près d’elle, et la suppliait de se calmer sans savoir comment et pourquoi.

« Anna, Anna ! disait-il d’une voix émue, Anna, au nom du ciel ! » Mais plus il élevait la voix, plus elle baissait la tête. Cette tête jadis si fière et si gaie, maintenant si humiliée ! elle l’aurait abaissée jusqu’à terre, du divan où elle était assise, et serait tombée sur le tapis s’il ne l’avait soutenue.

« Mon Dieu, pardonne-moi ! » sanglotait-elle en lui serrant la main contre sa poitrine.
Le Péché originel vient d'être commis, Tolstoï ne s'arrête évidemment pas sur l'acte mais il décrit la Chute déjà entamée et inexorable. Quelle finesse, quelle force, quel génie !
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Le roman de Tolstoï Empty Traduttore, traditore

Message  Matthieu Mer 17 Aoû 2011 - 21:45

« Trop tard, trop tard, » pensa-t-elle avec un sourire. Elle resta longtemps ainsi, immobile, les yeux ouverts et croyant les sentir briller dans l’obscurité.
- C'est trop tard, murmura-t-elle avec un sourire.
Elle était allongée immobile, les yeux si grands ouverts qu'elle croyait elle-même en voir l'éclat dans l'obscurité.
"It's late, it's late," she whispered with a smile. A long while she lay, not moving, with open eyes, whose brilliance she almost fancied she could herself see in the darkness.
«Claro», pensó ella con una sonrisa. «Es muy tarde ya...»
Permaneció largo rato inmóvil, con los ojos muy abiertos, cuyo resplandor le parecía ver en la oscuridad.
"Es ist zu spät, es ist schon zu spät!" flüsterte sie lächelnd. Sie lag lange regungslos mit offenen Augen da, und es kam ihr vor, als könne sie selbst den Glanz ihrer eigenen Augen in der Dunkelheit sehen.
— Поздно, поздно, уж поздно, — прошептала она с улыбкой. Она долго лежала неподвижно с открытыми глазами, блеск которых, ей казалось, она сама в темноте видела. (Google Traduction)
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Marina Jeu 18 Aoû 2011 - 11:28

Spoiler:
I'm utterly impressed by your interpretation of this scene (your link). You obviously see/read the book with other eyes than me.

Tolstoy describes the feelings of AK and W. quite extensive but anyway I'm not able to understand AK really. It's too theatrical, nobody behaves like that. The result is that I don't feel with her.

I very much liked the very first scene. Not only because Vronsky is in the centre. The whole scene is beautifully written, so near to the reality of couples/families. And this very first scene has a bit of a 'twinkle' ... means: not so deadly serious written. Sadly it's the only scene which is like that.
Marina
Marina
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Le roman de Tolstoï Empty Patience et pédagogie

Message  Matthieu Jeu 18 Aoû 2011 - 12:55

Marina a écrit:un film qui soit moins ennuyeux que le livre.
Just after I have spoken well of the novel, this declaration of yours is a tad quarrelsome, or is it just me?
I missed a lot in this book: a storyline, a structure in the story
You probably did but the novel does not. A bit of humility is becoming to a reader - as Joe Wright says, "everyone's a fucking critic these days."
the book is called AK, therefore she should be in the center of the story.
Should she? Alexandre Dumas' book is called The Three Musketeers and the hero is D'Artagnan and no musketeer.
Anna is Levin's negative.
For me it's not comprehensible why she and Wronsky fell for each other,
It's called a "coup de foudre", has to do with hormones...
Tolstoy is not able to explain the development of their feelings.
And he skipped from changing some glances to being pregnant as if there had been some pages missing in my book
Tolstoy tells in lengh how W. and AK meet several times, talk only a few words, mostly just exchange glances and suddenly comes the scene when W. visits AK at home and she tells him that she is pregnant.
Talk only a few words? Just read this (part 2, chapter 10):From that time a new life began for Alexey Alexandrovitch and for his wife. Nothing special happened. Anna went out into society, as she had always done, was particularly often at Princess Betsy's, and met Vronsky everywhere.Surely they must have talked a lot during those regular meetings...
the main characters of a love story should be sympathetic, Wronsky isn't.
Anna Karenina is NOT a love story and Vronsky is just an important character. He is young and wet behind the ears.
On the other hand there was too much farming (when finished reading, the reader should be able to run a farm) ... and too much politics which has nothing to do with the story of AK.
There IS a disturbing gap in the story, a small hint that they have been together would have done. Perhaps Tolstoy just forgot. (just kidding)
It's called an ellipsis. Didn't disturb me. A small hint? But it's there in black and white, can you read? (part 2, chapter 11):That which for Vronsky had been almost a whole year the one absorbing desire of his life, replacing all his old desires; that which for Anna had been an impossible, terrible, and even for that reason more entrancing dream of bliss, that desire had been fulfilled.In other words, she has given herself to him. Plain & simple.
Maybe, but he is just not on my wavelength.
I beg your pardon: YOU are not on his. It's his book, he threw the pearls, we are the swine!
You obviously see/read the book with other eyes than me.
Or I don't wear blinkers.
Tolstoy describes the feelings of AK and W. quite extensive but anyway I'm not able to understand AK really. It's too theatrical, nobody behaves like that. The result is that I don't feel with her.
I very much liked the very first scene. Not only because Vronsky is in the centre. The whole scene is beautifully written, so near to the reality of couples/families. And this very first scene has a bit of a 'twinkle' ... means: not so deadly serious written. Sadly it's the only scene which is like that.
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Luce Ven 19 Aoû 2011 - 11:56

Je me suis régalée à lire le roman... mais "l'explication de texte", c'est pas mal non plus ! Wink
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Le roman de Tolstoï Empty La confiture aux cochons

Message  Matthieu Ven 19 Aoû 2011 - 19:00

Hommage à un chef-d'œuvre :
  • tome 1
  • tome 2
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Luce Sam 20 Aoû 2011 - 9:25

Eh bé ! tu n'y vas pas avec le dos de la petite cuillère. Shocked

Dernière édition par Luce le Sam 20 Aoû 2011 - 9:49, édité 2 fois
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Sam 20 Aoû 2011 - 9:42

Pour servir la confiture ? T'as raison, ici faudrait une louche...
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Luce Sam 20 Aoû 2011 - 9:50

Et dire que deux posts plus haut, je louais ta patience et ton sens de la pédagogie ! Cool
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Sam 20 Aoû 2011 - 9:56

Que veux-tu, entre-temps je suis allé lire les travaux d'un joyeux comité de lecture...

Cela reste de l'humour, grinçant j'en conviens, mais de l'humour. Ce sont des âneries que j'ai lues, mais c'est pas moi qui fait les proverbes. Tu sais quoi, les Anglais donnent des perles, les Italiens du caviar ! Shocked
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Luce Sam 20 Aoû 2011 - 10:04

Tu lis trop, Matthieu ! Contente-toi du regard du Créateur au lieu du regard des créatures ! (Sagesse d'Al Iskandari )
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Le roman de Tolstoï Empty Un grand bol d'air

Message  Matthieu Sam 20 Aoû 2011 - 13:42

Tu as bien raison : beaucoup trop de gens parlent pour ne rien dire et je suis devenu agoraphobe (au fond, certains forums sont plutôt des salons de thé). Merci de ce très bon conseil, que je vais suivre : à compter de ce jour - il n'est que temps - je me contenterai de regarder la Une.
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 1 sur 3 1, 2, 3  Suivant