A thespian without vanity
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -15%
(Adhérents) LEGO® Icons 10318 Le Concorde
Voir le deal
169.99 €

La chorégraphie dans 'Anna Karenina'

3 participants

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2

La chorégraphie dans 'Anna Karenina' - Page 2 Empty On playing a literary icon and her intricate dance training.

Message  Luce Mer 26 Sep 2012 - 13:05

Keira Knightley Talks About Playing "Anti-Heroine" Anna Karenina (Popsugar, 25 septembre 2012)

Au début de l'interview, elle fait écho au billet précédent. Toutefois, elle semble avoir eu plus de temps de répétitions que les autres acteurs ! Very Happy
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

La chorégraphie dans 'Anna Karenina' - Page 2 Empty Aaron Taylor-Jonhson

Message  Luce Dim 7 Oct 2012 - 20:45

Aaron Taylor-Johnson Talks Love Scenes With 'Anna Karenina' Costar Keira Knightley (Uinterview.com, 4 octobre 2012)
"I just see it as kind of choreography in a way, like just movement, just like any other scene," the British star told Entertainmentwise.
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

La chorégraphie dans 'Anna Karenina' - Page 2 Empty Re: La chorégraphie dans 'Anna Karenina'

Message  Luce Dim 14 Oct 2012 - 8:35

News: Anna Karenina film - with movement by Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui (londondance.com, 26 septembre 2012)
The choreographer for a recently released new film based on Tolstoy’s 1870 novel Anna Karenina is well known to contemporary dance audiences – Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui. The award winning Belgian/Moroccan dance artist has been involved in many high profile collaborations. Sutra, which he created with sculptor Antony Gormley and the monks of the Shaolin Temple in 2008 still tours the world – but this is his first venture into film.

There are several dance sequences in the film – which has been set within an elaborate theatrical environment with sumptuous designs and costumes and screenplay by Tom Stoppard – but particular attention has been paid to movement throughout, reflecting Director Joe Wright’s thinking: “Film is basically time and movement, so why not really think about that movement?”

A pivotal moment in the film is a ballroom scene where Anna [ Keira Knightley] dances for the first time with Vronsky [ Aaron Taylor-Johnson ], who will become her lover.

Cherkaoui said: “It’s been a new experience for me to see how you can lead the eye of the audience into things and out of things. I’ve never had that opportunity to such a degree.
“Joe gave me so much freedom to reinvent the waltz, so I could actually approach it in my own style, which was much more about using arms and hands. Knowing that he liked what I’d come up with, it was exciting to teach the actors to go into that flow as if they would know this dance – and it was in part based on one done at that time.”

The two collaborated closely with composer Dario Marianelli – with the music written before and during the filming.

Although there are professional dancers in the film (Aaron Sillis, Daniel Proietto, Michela Meazza, James Cousins to name a handful) Cherkaoui worked intensively with the actors, so that all movement – not just the dance – is choreographed.

Kiera Knightley said: “I’m not a dancer and it’s not the way I express myself. But saying ‘we learned to dance’ doesn’t quite cover what we did. Whether it was a set piece, a dance piece, or a movement piece, everything had been ‘Larbi-fied.’”

“Doing the ballroom scenes was amazing. Larbi took it to a whole new level and we got to work on these dance routines, which took us weeks and weeks and weeks and were absolutely exhausting – on both my knees and hips! – but hopefully beautiful. The sequence is so much a part of my character, and of Aaron’s. He’s in his white costume, I am in black, and it’s like Yin and Yang.”

Some reviewers have criticised the film for not being a faithful interpretation of Tolstoy’s novel, but anyone with an interest in dance is likely to find Anna Karenina worth watching – as it shows movement as an integral part of story telling in a film which isn’t a musical.
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

La chorégraphie dans 'Anna Karenina' - Page 2 Empty Re: La chorégraphie dans 'Anna Karenina'

Message  Luce Sam 3 Nov 2012 - 21:25

Une page sur Anna Karenina sur le site de Eastman. J'ai compté : 13 danseurs de la compagnie sont crédités. Wink Avec Guro Nagelhus Schia qui joue Annuska cela fait 14.

Mais où est notre barbier-torero? Shocked
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce Mar 6 Nov 2012 - 12:24

Danse Film Association (5 Novembre à New-York) : Private screening of Anna Karenina
Immediately following the screening there will be a Skype Q&A with Choreographer Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui
“In a way this is opera, but grand opera, with the emotions running at fever pitch and the actors as likely to dance (choreography by Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui) as walk. Vronsky and Anna's meeting at a formal ball expresses their love through dance, exactly as the classic routines of Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers did in their '30s musicals.”
– Time Magazine’s ANNA KARENINA Review
(Une image sur Twitter)
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

La chorégraphie dans 'Anna Karenina' - Page 2 Empty Interview de Keira Knightley

Message  Luce Lun 12 Nov 2012 - 15:49

Keira Knightley, 'Anna Karenina' Star, On How Hollywood Underserves The Female Audience (HuffingtonPost, 12 novembre 2012)
So I think we all wanted to do something that really pushed ourselves and had the definite possibility of failure. What he [Joe]said to me was "I want to make a ballet with words." I thought that was an extraordinary way to look at the whole thing. The idea that he wanted to look at movement and tell the story and emotion in as many different ways as possible. I just thought it was a ballsy move.
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

La chorégraphie dans 'Anna Karenina' - Page 2 Empty Interview de Joe Wright

Message  Luce Mar 13 Nov 2012 - 14:19

Translating Tolstoy: Joe Wright brings daring approach to classic tale of 'Anna Karenina' (FilmJournal, 12 novembre 2012) Very Happy
FJI: I saw touches of Pina Bausch.
JW: Yeah, absolutely. I worked with the choreographer Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui—he's half Moroccan, half Belgian, and an artist in residence at Sadler’s Wells. I had great tutors, including Stoppard, throughout this film. We rehearsed for four weeks. And most of the rehearsals were about physical interaction. I've always been fascinated by blocking and wanted to look at the line between blocking and dance. Because to me it's all dance, I don't quite understand where the line is drawn. The idea of how figures move in space and why they move in space I find utterly fascinating. In a way I can see the film as a ballet with words.

FJI: Did that kinetic vision influence your casting choices?

JW: I very specifically cast actors who had experience in physical theatre or dance.

FJI: Is that true of Aaron Taylor-Johnson?

JW: If you go on YouTube and look up “Aaron Johnson REM”—it's a video his wife Sam made for the band—he does this extraordinary dance. Very contemporary, of course. Alicia Vikander was a trained ballerina at the Royal Ballet School in Sweden. So I was very aware of casting and working with actors who had dance experience. Since people in high society of the time were dependent on the serving class, they can dress without moving. Stuff like that is all choreographed.

FJI: Like most viewers, I was blown away by Anna and Vronsky's dance in the ballroom scene, kind of the centerpiece of the movie. There's a great moment when he lifts her… You make explicit the erotic subtext of a traditional ballet pas de deux. How did you film that sequence?

JW: It was certainly the most difficult sequence of the movie to film. The physicality tells the story. There's practically no dialogue at all. Obviously the great dance sequence of any film in history is The Red Shoes. They put the camera on the stage in the dance. That was then picked up and used brilliantly by Scorsese in the fight sequences of Raging Bull, which I think were directly inspired by The Red Shoes.

Keira and Aaron rehearsed and rehearsed—for about a month, independently and together. Unfortunately, there was a lot more dance in the film in the first cut, but in the end I had to cut back; some of the producers felt I was going too much into the dance thing. So in the DVD extras there'll be lots more dance. That love scene—the first sex scene between them? That was choreographed as a complete dance. So the wide shots of that are exquisite.

Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce Ven 16 Nov 2012 - 15:48

A Moving Picture: Anna Karenina (Dance Magazine, 14 novembre 2012)
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce Dim 18 Nov 2012 - 0:20

Source : The Los Angeles Times The Envelope Screening Series in Association with EPIX.
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Sam 24 Nov 2012 - 21:51

Making Words Dance on Screen (The New York Times, 23 novembre 2012).
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

http://www.matthew-macfadyen.org/

Message  Matthieu Sam 1 Déc 2012 - 18:23

Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

http://www.matthew-macfadyen.org/

La chorégraphie dans 'Anna Karenina' - Page 2 Empty Interview de Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui en flamand

Message  Luce Dim 16 Déc 2012 - 18:24

COBRA.BE VIDEOZONE

Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

La chorégraphie dans 'Anna Karenina' - Page 2 Empty Theatre & Dance

Message  Luce Sam 29 Déc 2012 - 17:02

From ‘Anna Karenina,’ lessons for the ballet world (The Washington Post, 27 décembre 2012) Very Happy
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce Dim 7 Avr 2013 - 19:41

Des nouvelles d' Elias Lazaridis, le barbier-torero. Cool
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce Dim 7 Avr 2013 - 19:55

Anna Karenina: Tolstoy’s tragedy interpreted by six choreographers (dancelines.com.au, 27 février 2013)
So, that makes Sidi Larbi the sixth choreographer who has created a dance interpretation of Tolstoy’s story.
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce Mer 10 Avr 2013 - 18:56

Portrait. Le chorégraphe des big stars (Tel Quel, 10 avril 2013)
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2