Interview

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2

Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Interview

Message  Luce le Mer 10 Juil 2019 - 14:10

https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/successions-sarah-snook-on-shiv-and-meeting-patti-smith.html

Spoiler:
Season one of Succession ends with Shiv’s marriage to Tom, a smitten social climber played with furious beta-maleness by Matthew Macfadyen. Theirs is one of the most interesting dynamics on TV right now, and Snook plays it with a disciplined mix of arrogant disregard and guarded vulnerability. Shiv seems to adore Tom as an inferior, casually toying with him like a cat. What other character would, on her wedding day, admit to her doting new husband — who has just declared, “I know that you’re hard and you’re tough, but I want to be in. I want to be in on you” — that she’s been having an affair? And that it likely won’t be her last? “I’m just not sure I’m a good fit for a monogamous marriage,” Shiv says. Snook’s performance is discomfiting; Shiv is being honest about her brutally contradictory needs. Snook makes you empathize with Shiv, even as her character lacks much empathy for anyone else.

“I get asked this question a lot: Does she love Tom?” Snook says. (She herself is single, having recently gotten out of an eight-year relationship.) “Or, like, why is she with Tom? And I feel like, really down deep, he’s the only one who’ll always be there unconditionally. She could treat him like dirt, and actually she probably has a great wealth of love and respect for him, but it’s far too vulnerable to show that. There’s not a lot of physical affection between Tom and Shiv, which is not something that we’d planned on … It just sort of happened that way, and then it seemed to be the right choice.”

Macfadyen, for his part, loves the abuse. One of his favorite scenes takes place in a car right before their wedding, as Tom floats the idea of his taking her last name. “She gives me this look as if I have three heads,” he tells me, laughing. “It’s delicious.”
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Interview

Message  Luce le Jeu 8 Aoû 2019 - 21:48

On croule ces jours-ci sous les interviews de MM à la veille de la saison 2 de Succession !

Dans Forbes du 8 août 2019
Drinking Bitters And Tonic With Matthew Macfadyen Of HBO's 'Succession'

Visiblement, il a arrêté de boire et il regrette le Bourgogne blanc Wink
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Interview - Page 2 Empty ""Tom hopes the best"

Message  Luce le Lun 19 Aoû 2019 - 10:27

Luce
Luce