A thespian without vanity
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ ...
Voir le deal

Le projet 'Epic'

5 participants

Page 1 sur 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Suivant

Le projet 'Epic' Empty Co-scénariste

Message  Matthieu Mer 5 Sep 2012 - 16:56

SEPTEMBER 2012:. I'm now in Tiflis, in pre-production, preparing to direct one of the scripts I wrote with Pawel Pawlikowski... a comedy called EPIC, set in a fictitious Central Asian/Caucasian country called "Karastan" and dealing with (at least some of) the absurdities of making films, and fillm festivals. We will be shooting in Georgia and Germany in October and November
Source : Ben Hopkins
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

http://www.matthew-macfadyen.org/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Le projet 'Epic' Empty Le projet 'Epic'

Message  Matthieu Sam 8 Sep 2012 - 9:24

Fiche technique du film sur British Council Film.
Synopsis

Epic is a gentle black comedy about a confused, washed up British director who gets invited by a nascent state to make a national Epic in an obscure Caucasus Republic. The country led by an eccentric, enigmatic, if corrupt, benign dictator. It is a comedy and love story set against the backdrop of beautiful country fast falling into a state of disintegration. The cast includes Ethan Hawke as the filmmaker, Sir Ben Kingsley as the dictator, Christopher Lambert as the crazed star, and Chulpan Khamatova is the beauty and the brains.
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Le projet 'Epic' Empty Re: Le projet 'Epic'

Message  Matthieu Sam 8 Sep 2012 - 9:28

Le film est co-produit par Film & Music Entertainment Ltd.
Written by Ben Hopkins and Pawel Pawlikowski

Indie Film Director Emil D Miller (Ethan Hawke) is down on his luck. Washed-up and mentally unstable. An illustrious start - Academy Award for best short, Hollywood acclaim - has fizzled out into a series of meetings with pretentious Advertising types. Jenny, his agent wants him to do some adverts. Maria, his cleaner, wants him to buy more toilet duck. He needs a change.

So when he receives an invitation to the Embassy of the Autonomous Republic of Karastan, he decides to go. Besides, the champagne is free. Little does he know that this could be the start of something big. Something Epic.
At the party President Aleluyev invites him to a film festival in the newly formed Republic of Karastan to attend a retrospective of Emil’s 2 ½ films. Emil is a little surprised - especially as the festival takes place in one week. Still why what has he got to lose? Besides, it gives him a chance to spend more time with Chulpan (Chulpan Khamatova), the quick, clever and beautiful film representative.

So he leaves behind Wolfgang, the dog, and heads to Karastan. The retrospective goes well. He meets Christopher Lambert - famous, handsome and on a permanent bender. After a crazy few days during which Lambert propositions him, Chulpan flirts with him and Emil screens his sophisticated adult film to an audience of bemused children, at least Emil is having fun. And the President asks him to direct Tanat, the movie - a huge epic film telling the story of Karastani fourteenth century medieval hero and founder.

In spite of some doubts Emil agrees. He is being followed by a mysterious shadow, the local film - makers are hostile - why is a foreigner making their national epic? And there seems to be some insurrection in the country. But, like all film-makers, Emil is a genius at ignoring inconvenient reality.

One press conference later, Emil has his lead actor - Christopher Lambert (as himself). The local press goes wild. Emil closes his eyes and wonders what on earth he has got himself into.

But surprisingly - Christopher Lambert is brilliant as Tanat. Emil spends happy days directing a cast of thousands in elaborate battle scenes. Meanwhile, he has fallen in love with Chulpan and she seems to reciprocate - they spend a romantic night together and Emil, for a film director, is almost happy. .

Until his lead actor is kidnapped, he discovers that Chulpan is not who she seems and President Aleluyev is overthrown in a military coup.

As bombs explode around him and Chulpan tells him she is actually working for the rebels, all of their lives are in danger. But all this is nothing compared to his real problem - how is he going to finish the film?
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Le projet 'Epic' Empty Co-production

Message  Matthieu Sam 8 Sep 2012 - 9:31

Black comedy EPIC to become first co-production between Georgia and UK, support for co-productions with France, Germany, Ukraine and Norway (Film and Music Entertainment).
Tbilisi-based 'Producer on the Move' Vladimer Katcharava of 20 Steps Productions will partner with Film and Music Entertainment for the first co-production between the UK and Georgia on their next feature Epic.

Epic is described as a gentle black comedy about a confused, washed up American director who gets invited by a nascent state to make a national epic in an obscure Caucasus Republic. Ethan Hawke is being lined up to play the filmmaker, Christopher Lambert as the film's crazed star and Chulpan Khamatova as the beauty and brains. The screenplay has been written by Ben Hopkins and Pawel Pawlikowski.

20 Steps Productions will also have Russian producer Artem Vasiliev's Metrafilms and the French outfit Haut et Court Productions on board as partners.
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Le projet 'Epic' Empty Co-producteurs

Message  Matthieu Sam 8 Sep 2012 - 9:40

20 Steps
Metrafilms
Haut et Court
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Le projet 'Epic' Empty Fonds de soutien

Message  Luce Dim 16 Sep 2012 - 20:42

Eurimages, fonds de soutien au cinéma européen.

European Dream of Georgian Cinematography (Tabula Georgian, 2 avril 2012)
Since joining Eurimages, Georgia has already been involved in two European co-productions: the soon-to-be-released Chaika [Seagull], which was partly shot in Georgia, and the planned film Epic with actors Ethan Hawke and Christopher Lambert signed on to play lead roles.
The main consideration for Eurimages funding is the quality of the screenplay, not the stature of the film’s stars or its director...The most important thing for securing funding is the screenplay,” Olla confirms. “Whether or not a project receives funding depends on the script, I would say, by nearly eighty percent.
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Le projet 'Epic' Empty Bribes d'infos...

Message  Luce Sam 22 Sep 2012 - 13:18

Source : Ethan Hawke: An American in Paris (Tribeca Film, 13 juin 2012)
TRIBECA: I read somewhere that you might be working with Pawel again on a film called Epic.

ETHAN HAWKE: I hope so. The trouble with the internet is that everything you are thinking about doing is public knowledge. We have been working on a concept for a film called Epic. I really want to make it, but Pawel feels that we need to get it better. We are talking about hopefully making that movie a year from now if we get the script ready. It’s a romantic comedy.

TRIBECA: That would be an interesting genre for the two of you.

ETHAN HAWKE: I know [laughs]. We were at the Rome Film Festival with The Woman in the Fifth, which, as you know, is very serious. So we were talking about it, and one of us said, “Wouldn’t it be great to make a comedy?” Pawel has a phenomenal idea, but he does things only when he is ready. He is not a professional film director who produces films on demand. He has to have something to say.

Source : Séries La Source, nouvelle série d'espionnage sur France 2 avec Christophe Lambert (Télé, 10 septembre 2012)
Le tournage va débuter début octobre et se partagera entre Paris et Le Havre.
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Marina Sam 22 Sep 2012 - 16:20

'Romantic comedy' cheers
Marina
Marina
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Marina Mar 25 Sep 2012 - 5:59

Thanks to Jane at DL, we now know that:
- It is a 'gentle black comedy'
- Will be filmed in Georgia next month
- MM's character will be a film director.
Marina
Marina
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Le projet 'Epic' Empty Place

Message  Matthieu Mer 26 Sep 2012 - 8:35

Il semble donc que, depuis son interview à Tribeca, Ethan Hawke ait été remplacé pour le rôle d'Emil Miller. Curieux et regrettable !
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Luce Mer 26 Sep 2012 - 12:05

Regrettable pour Ethan Hawke ? Oh oui, sûrement : il semblait y tenir ! Mais ce ne serait pas la première fois, je crois, qu'un acteur ait à renoncer à un projet. Je suis heureuse pour Matthew Macfadyen que le film se fasse et qu'il soit dans la distribution. Cool

Ce sera aussi pour moi l'occasion de m'intéresser au réalisateur que j'ai découvert il y a peu somme toute, à travers la lecture du Limonov d'Emmanuel Carrère. Si je connais depuis longtemps les romans d'Edouard Limonov, je n'ai regardé encore que quelques extraits vidéo du documentaire de Pawel Pawlikowski Serbian Epics où Limonov était filmé au côté des nationalistes serbes.

Avc Epic, une nouvelle porte s'ouvre... Very Happy

Dans le choix de Matthew Macfadyen pour cette distribution, serait-ce, très "black comedy", Death at a Funeral qui aurait décidé Pawel Pawlikowski ou bien Warriors ?
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce Sam 29 Sep 2012 - 8:15

Matthieu a écrit:
SEPTEMBER 2012:. I'm now in Tiflis, in pre-production, preparing to direct one of the scripts I wrote with Pawel Pawlikowski... a comedy called EPIC, set in a fictitious Central Asian/Caucasian country called "Karastan" and dealing with (at least some of) the absurdities of making films, and fillm festivals. We will be shooting in Georgia and Germany in October and November
Aïe ! Voilà qu'un doute m'assaille... C'est Ben Hopkins qui réalise le film ? Pawel Pawlikowski aurait-il abandonné le projet lui aussi ? silent
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Sam 29 Sep 2012 - 8:51

Bonne question.
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Luce Sam 29 Sep 2012 - 9:04

Ce qui nous donnerait une double histoire de "film's director" en quelque sorte Exclamation
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Le projet 'Epic' Empty Réalisateur Ben Hopkins

Message  Luce Sam 29 Sep 2012 - 14:49

Georgian regional coin aims to woo filmmakers (Variety, 23 septembre 2012)
Upcoming productions slated to shoot include U.K.-Georgia-Russia feature "Epic," directed by Ben Hopkins and produced by Mike Downey.
Mike Downey: Film & Music Entertainment Ltd.

Et même si on sait que IMDb n'est pas infaillible : Ben Hopkins & Pawel Pawlikowski.
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Marina Dim 30 Sep 2012 - 15:31

My email to Ben Hopkins:
Hi Ben,

Im a huge fan of Matthew Macfadyen and I was utterly pleased , when I heard, that he will be in a movie , written by you . Im very much looking forward to 'Epic', but cannot find more informations about it, especially about the rest of the cast. The IMDB site is not very helpful.

Perhaps you would be so nice to tell me more about the cast ? I´m perfectly aware, that you must be very buzy, ...a very short message would be sufficient.
I (and all the other fans ) would be immensely grateful.

Thank you in advance for your help.

his answer came very quickly: Very Happy
I’m afraid I can’t really reveal the rest of the cast as we’re still in pre-production and not all contracts are signed and sealed yet. HOwever, there should be some publicity around the shoot and all will be revealed on the usual websites eventually... or feel free to write to me again in late October, by which time all should be confirmed...

all best wishes
Ben
Marina
Marina
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Dim 30 Sep 2012 - 16:44

Jeez, that was cheeky of you! And kind of him.
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Luce Dim 30 Sep 2012 - 16:46

Oui, merci Marina ! I love you Fin octobre !
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Marina Dim 30 Sep 2012 - 18:30

Matthieu a écrit:Jeez, that was cheeky of you!
He looked so nice and sympathetic on the picture of his website, and there was this 'contact button'... Wink
Marina
Marina
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Dim 30 Sep 2012 - 18:38

Very Happy
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  liv Dim 30 Sep 2012 - 20:56

Thank you Marina. So audacious and now we're all counting on you for October. bounce
liv
liv
Membre actif
Membre actif

Message  Luce Lun 1 Oct 2012 - 9:24

Oh, we can learn a lot on the Internet about Ben Hopkins right now ! Laughing

He is not a family man but would like to have got a nephew. Shocked He gets very odd contacts from people calling, sometimes ! What a Face (I say : SOMETIMES !) He speaks German and works mainly in Germany. Wink

Time to open another thread about nice and sympathetic director Ben Hopkins ? Very Happy
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce Ven 5 Oct 2012 - 18:51

Matthieu a écrit:

Message remanié sur le même site :
OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2012:. I'm in Tiflis, in pre-production, preparing to direct one of the scripts I wrote with Pawel Pawlikowski... a comedy called EPIC, set in a fictitious Central Asian/Caucasian country called "Karastan" and dealing with (at least some of) the absurdities of making films, and fillm festivals. We will be shooting in Georgia and Germany late October until early December.
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce Dim 14 Oct 2012 - 7:15

OCTOBER 2012:. I'm in Tbilisi, preparing to direct one of the scripts I wrote with Pawel Pawlikowski... a comedy called EPIC, set in a fictitious Central Asian/Caucasian country called "Karastan" and dealing with (at least some of) the absurdities of making films, and fillm festivals. We will be shooting in Georgia some time in the coming months.
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Dim 14 Oct 2012 - 7:27

Ha !
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre