Interview

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2

Interview - Page 2 Empty Re: Interview

Message  Luce le Mer 10 Juil 2019 - 14:10

https://www.vulture.com/2019/07/successions-sarah-snook-on-shiv-and-meeting-patti-smith.html

Spoiler:
Season one of Succession ends with Shiv’s marriage to Tom, a smitten social climber played with furious beta-maleness by Matthew Macfadyen. Theirs is one of the most interesting dynamics on TV right now, and Snook plays it with a disciplined mix of arrogant disregard and guarded vulnerability. Shiv seems to adore Tom as an inferior, casually toying with him like a cat. What other character would, on her wedding day, admit to her doting new husband — who has just declared, “I know that you’re hard and you’re tough, but I want to be in. I want to be in on you” — that she’s been having an affair? And that it likely won’t be her last? “I’m just not sure I’m a good fit for a monogamous marriage,” Shiv says. Snook’s performance is discomfiting; Shiv is being honest about her brutally contradictory needs. Snook makes you empathize with Shiv, even as her character lacks much empathy for anyone else.

“I get asked this question a lot: Does she love Tom?” Snook says. (She herself is single, having recently gotten out of an eight-year relationship.) “Or, like, why is she with Tom? And I feel like, really down deep, he’s the only one who’ll always be there unconditionally. She could treat him like dirt, and actually she probably has a great wealth of love and respect for him, but it’s far too vulnerable to show that. There’s not a lot of physical affection between Tom and Shiv, which is not something that we’d planned on … It just sort of happened that way, and then it seemed to be the right choice.”

Macfadyen, for his part, loves the abuse. One of his favorite scenes takes place in a car right before their wedding, as Tom floats the idea of his taking her last name. “She gives me this look as if I have three heads,” he tells me, laughing. “It’s delicious.”
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message  Luce le Jeu 8 Aoû 2019 - 21:48

On croule ces jours-ci sous les interviews de MM à la veille de la saison 2 de Succession !

Dans Forbes du 8 août 2019
Drinking Bitters And Tonic With Matthew Macfadyen Of HBO's 'Succession'

Visiblement, il a arrêté de boire et il regrette le Bourgogne blanc Wink
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Interview - Page 2 Empty ""Tom hopes the best"

Message  Luce le Lun 19 Aoû 2019 - 10:27

Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Interview - Page 2 Empty "The key is to play everything dead straight"

Message  Luce le Dim 27 Oct 2019 - 15:00

Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce le Lun 28 Oct 2019 - 14:33

‘Succession’: Jesse Armstrong on the Season Finale’s Stunning Twist (The New-York Times, 14 octobre 2019)
Is there much left on the cutting room floor? It would seem like Matthew Macfadyen alone would give you dozens of hilarious outtakes each episode.

Oh yeah. Our writers write long, and we write alternative lines. And then there’s some improvisation. There’s always a lot of warp and weft in the interaction between the writers and the cast. Often I cut the episodes down from an hour and a half or over. We leave some of the comic material out and it’s heartbreaking sometimes. But I think the discipline is good in the end.
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 2 sur 2 Précédent  1, 2