A thespian without vanity
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -20%
Ecran PC GIGABYTE 28″ LED M28U 4K ( IPS, 1 ms, ...
Voir le deal
399 €

Matthew Macfadyen, 1992-95

Matthew Macfadyen, 1992-95 Empty Matthew Macfadyen, 1992-95

Message  Matthieu Dim 31 Mai 2009 - 20:16

In Off Stage: 100 Portaits Celebrating the Rada Centenary.

Matthew Macfadyen, 1992-95 53270110
This photo is of Matthew lying on my bed. Not a position that I encourage all my subjects to take, but it seems to have worked well enough here.
The initial audition was terrifying. I did a bit of Albee's The Zoo Story and some Henry V. Afterwards one of the panel told me that, at 17, I was too young anyway and really shouldn't have been auditioning. I was so crushed. Then I got a recall about a week later.

Oliver Neville, the then principal, phoned me at my school. I was taking exams at the time and I remember him asking me quite detailed questions about my A-levels for ten minutes. Eventually he offered me a place, starting in September. I couldn't believe it. He then very gently enquired as to whether I would accept. I just laughed and burbled hysterically. Such a relief and excitement.

I don't know what I was best at. I knew I didn't want to be anywhere else. I remember great highs and deep lows, but feeling constantly engaged, engrossed. Some subjects I found pretty mystifying, like Laban. Quite early on in the first term, in a voice class, I remember being asked to breathe the colour blue through my vagina.

Theatre
The Duchess of Malfi; Much Ado About Nothing (Cheek by Jowl); The School for Scandal (RSC); Henry IV (National)

Film
In My Father's Den; Maybe Baby; Pride and Prejudice

TV
Wuthering Heights; Warriors; Perfect Strangers; The Way We Live Now; The Project; Spooks
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

http://www.matthew-macfadyen.org/

Revenir en haut Aller en bas