A thespian without vanity
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Le scénario de Tom Stoppard

2 participants

Le scénario de Tom Stoppard Empty Le scénario de Tom Stoppard

Message  Luce Ven 29 Juin 2012 - 9:52

En attendant de lire ce scénario, voici quelques "répliques mémorables" recueillies dans la bande-annonce, sur IMDb.

Rappels des parti-pris du scénario et des choix du cinéaste :
Tolstoy wrote it as an accessible piece. It’s a family drama. War and Peace was his big political drama and Anna Karenina, as he says in the first sentence, is about families. 'Happy families are all happy in the same way. Unhappy families are all unhappy in different ways.' So he wrote it to be read by the new emerging literate Russian population. Obviously, it goes off into analytical theoretical studies of the Russian agricultural system which I won’t involve in the script. But the actual plot of it is fairly simple and very emotional."
source (mars 2011)
Wright will focus on the multi-stranded nature of the novel, incorporating all the other characters’ stories, not just Anna’s.He notes that the screenplay — which is being written by that no-talent hack playwright/screenwriter Tom Stoppard — will feel Robert Altmanesque in structure. Wright is a fan — and was a good friend — of Altman.
source (avril 2011)
There is no Inception-type puzzle to solve; the story of AK remains firmly their film. Wright's daring vision is about enhancing the central drama. "The stylisation is not an embellishment but a subtraction," he says. "This is possibly my least indulgent film; everything is at the service of the story. And this is the most amazing study of love, and I am interested in love and why and how the fuck it works."
source (janvier 2012)
‘As far as Tolstoy was concerned, he was writing a book about a woman who was a sinner — a fallen woman,’ Wright says. ‘He wasn’t writing about her as a heroine. He started off writing this book about a good husband and a bad wife. But then, as he wrote, he fell in love with Anna.’

Wright’s basing his version of Tolstoy’s great novel on a powerful screenplay by Tom Stoppard, in which the playwright gives equal weight to the parallel stories of Anna’s cuckolding of her husband Karenin (Law), and her passionate affair with Count Vronsky (Johnson), and also the romance between Levin (Domhnall Gleeson) and Kitty (Alicia Vikander).

Stoppard’s view is that most previous versions made the mistake of favouring Anna’s story over Levin’s. ‘Tom turned in one draft and it was all there,’ marvels producer Paul Webster.
source (janvier 2012)
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Le scénario de Tom Stoppard Empty Tom Stoppard

Message  Luce Mar 14 Aoû 2012 - 13:19

Front Row, Monday 20/08/2012, 19:15 on BBC Radio 4:
With Mark Lawson, including an interview with Tom Stoppard about his TV adaptation of Ford Madox Ford's Parade's End and his screenplay for Anna Karenina.

Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce Ven 24 Aoû 2012 - 6:44

Tom Stoppard interview for Parade's End and Anna Karenina (The Telegraph, 24 août 2012)
On the surface at least, Anna Karenina seems to have brought together Stoppard the playwright and Stoppard the scriptwriter for the first time — almost the entire film, including the famous steeplechase scene, is set in a rundown Moscow theatre. In fact, the idea to set it in a theatre came not from him, but from the director, Joe Wright.

“All that happened long after I’d written the script. However, I admire the boldness of it. Possibly there’s a price to play in some respects, but I think it’s worth it. Certainly, I’d be feeling a lot more uncomfortable if I was sitting here suspecting that we’d succeeded in making the 78th beautiful costume drama of the last five years. I think of that as being a fate that we’ve escaped.”
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Le scénario de Tom Stoppard Empty Re: Le scénario de Tom Stoppard

Message  Luce Ven 31 Aoû 2012 - 8:05

“The producers had amazing faith in me (Joe), but the person I was most scared of telling about this was Tom because he’d written this script which was brilliant and perfect and set in the way he’d envisaged the film. At first he was nervous, but then he came ‘round. I took his text and transposed it from real locations to the stylized location; every single event and word in his adaptation was shot.”

Stoppard remembers, “Joe told me he didn’t want to alter the script – aside from the scene, or stage, directions – but at first I didn’t know what I thought. He then came to see me with this scrapbook which contained the film as he now saw it. Seeing it, I put my money on him to pull this off.”
source (août 2012)

On the surface at least, Anna Karenina seems to have brought together Stoppard the playwright and Stoppard the scriptwriter for the first time — almost the entire film, including the famous steeplechase scene, is set in a rundown Moscow theatre. In fact, the idea to set it in a theatre came not from him, but from the director, Joe Wright.

“All that happened long after I’d written the script. However, I admire the boldness of it. Possibly there’s a price to play in some respects, but I think it’s worth it. Certainly, I’d be feeling a lot more uncomfortable if I was sitting here suspecting that we’d succeeded in making the 78th beautiful costume drama of the last five years. I think of that as being a fate that we’ve escaped.”
source (août 2012)

While Kiera Knightly is Anna, Tannishtha is playing Masha, the beleaguered female companion of Nicholas. “Initially, in the script it was quite substantial but in the version that I saw recently in London, it has come down quite a bit. Still I have a song and it is quite unique.”

Shot in London and Russia, the film has a period setting but a contemporary zing to it, says Tannishtha. “It deals with different layers of a love story. There is debauched love story, there is a pure love story… then there is a love story with a class conflict of which I am a part
source (août 2012)
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Dim 2 Sep 2012 - 7:38

Tom Stoppard: 'Anna Karenina comes to grief because she has fallen in love for the first time' (The Observer, 2 septembre 2012).
Tom Stoppard says his original approach to writing the screenplay for Joe Wright's new film adaptation of Anna Karenina was for a fast, modern movie about being in lust. Then wiser counsels – including his own – prevailed
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

http://www.matthew-macfadyen.org/

Message  Luce Jeu 13 Sep 2012 - 22:06

Marina a écrit:5 SEPT: INDEX AT THE PICTUREHOUSE – A PREVIEW OF ANNA KARENINA + LIVE Q&A WITH SIR TOM STOPPARD (Index on censorship, 10 août 2012).
To celebrate our 40th birthday, Index is teaming up with Picturehouse cinemas to host a preview screening of Anna Karenina, directed by Joe Wright, featuring Keira Knightley and Jude Law. The screening will be followed by a live Q&A with screenplay writer Sir Tom Stoppard, chaired by Sandra Hebron, which will be broadcast by satellite to 19 Picturehouse venues around the UK.
Preview: Tom Stoppard on Anna Karenina : un rapide compte-rendu par Helen Smith, sur son blog, le 6 septembre 2012.
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Mar 23 Oct 2012 - 16:45

First Batch of Downloadable Oscar Screenplays Includes 'Moonrise Kingdom,' 'Ted,' and More (ROS, 22 octobre 2012).
while still holding off with titles not yet in theaters such as Anna Karenina
Patience, donc. bounce
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Luce Mer 31 Oct 2012 - 22:57

Anna Karenina: The Screenplay, version papier, en vente le 13 novembre 2012 chez Random House.

Synopsis :
WITH AN INTRODUCTION BY TOM STOPPARD

Our most esteemed living playwright adapts the most famous love story ever written in the screenplay for the new Focus Features film Anna Karenina, directed by Joe Wright, starring Keira Knightley and Jude Law.

Tolstoy’s brilliant novel, tracing the tragic love affair between Count Vronsky and the unhappily married Anna, has moved readers for generations. Now, award-winning playwright Tom Stoppard re-imagines what Vladimir Nabokov called “one of the greatest love stories in world literature” for the screen. In an impeccable match of talent between source and adaptation, Stoppard projects Tolstoy’s powerful contrasts between city and country, love and death, happiness and unhappiness. The result is beautiful, stirring, and at once old and new. A special introduction by Stoppard offers a glimpse into the process behind his remarkable interpretation.
Extrait de l'introduction : Very Happy

Spoiler:
Toute l'introduction est proposée en aperçu, de même que les 8 premières pages du script, en cliquant sur le livre. Cool

Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce Jeu 1 Nov 2012 - 21:53

Edition également disponible, le 13 novembre 2012, chez Barnes & Noble.
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Le scénario de Tom Stoppard Empty Sur Amazon.fr

Message  Luce Sam 10 Nov 2012 - 11:12

Anna Karenina (Movie Tie-in Edition): Official Tie-in Edition Including the screenplay by Tom Stoppard (pour Kindle, en anglais)

Anna Karenina: The Screenplay: Based on the Novel by Leo Tolstoy
Le livre peut être feuilleté, de très nombreuses pages sont visibles.
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Sam 10 Nov 2012 - 12:56

Merci. J'ai ajouté les articles à la boutique aStore (et acheté le scénario version Kindle sur iPad). Very Happy
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Matthieu Sam 10 Nov 2012 - 14:28

Nom de Dieu, que de scènes omises dans le film !
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Matthieu Dim 11 Nov 2012 - 9:19

Mais quel scénario !
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Le scénario de Tom Stoppard Empty Révolution Copernicienne

Message  Luce Dim 11 Nov 2012 - 9:37

Pas encore tout à fait fini de le lire. Wink Et, incroyable, toutes les scènes (parlées) ont été tournées ! J'aimerais tant voir maintenant le "storyboard" de David Allcock que Joe Wright a présenté à Tom Stoppard pour le convaincre du bienfondé de tout situer dans un théâtre ! bounce

The producers had amazing faith in me (Joe), but the person I was most scared of telling about this was Tom because he’d written this script which was brilliant and perfect and set in the way he’d envisaged the film. At first he was nervous, but then he came ‘round. I took his text and transposed it from real locations to the stylized location; every single event and word in his adaptation was shot.”

Stoppard remembers, “Joe told me he didn’t want to alter the script – aside from the scene, or stage, directions – but at first I didn’t know what I thought. He then came to see me with this scrapbook which contained the film as he now saw it. Seeing it, I put my money on him to pull this off.
("Storyboard" et "scrapbook": est-ce exactement la même chose ?)
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Mer 14 Nov 2012 - 20:36

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1674845
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Luce Ven 16 Nov 2012 - 21:11

Tom Stoppard & Joe Wright on “Anna Karenina” on Charlie Rose talkshow (15 novembre 2012)
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Le scénario de Tom Stoppard Empty Focus Features

Message  Matthieu Mer 21 Nov 2012 - 10:12

Anna Karenina: Tom Stoppard Featurette
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Luce Jeu 20 Déc 2012 - 20:54

OSCARS Q&A: Tom Stoppard (Deadline, 17 décembre 2012)
This was a few weeks before we went into production, and he came to my flat with this big file, which turned out to contain the storyboards of a lot of the movie.
(Storyboard=scrapbook)
AwardsLine: Once you got into postproduction, what kind of changes did you see?

Stoppard
: You always end up with too much, so it’s good to be part of the conversation about not just what you can omit, but how you are going to do the grammar of the omission, how you make things continue to work when there’s something missing. It’s your last chance to rewrite. Rewriting isn’t just about dialogue, it’s the order of the scenes, how you finish a scene, how you get into a scene. All these final decisions are best made when you’re there, watching. It’s really enjoyable, but you’ve got to be there at the director’s invitation. You can’t just barge in and say, “I’m the writer.” (Laughs.)
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce Mer 26 Déc 2012 - 22:55

Luce a écrit: J'aimerais tant voir maintenant le "storyboard" de David Allcock que Joe Wright a présenté à Tom Stoppard ...
Plusieurs planches sont maintenant en ligne sur le site de David Allcock. Cool
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Matthieu Mer 2 Jan 2013 - 3:57

Q&A: Tom Stoppard On Anna Karenina (Awards Line, 28 décembre 2012).
Matthieu
Matthieu
Fan libre

Message  Luce Mer 2 Jan 2013 - 9:57

Matthieu a écrit:Q&A: Tom Stoppard On Anna Karenina (Awards Line, 28 décembre 2012).
Toujours agréable à lire mais ce Q&A a déjà été posté un peu plus haut. Wink
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Le scénario de Tom Stoppard Empty Tolstoï / Stoppard

Message  Luce Jeu 3 Jan 2013 - 0:01

Sur leur blog, les Editions Oxford University Press mettent en regard des extraits d'Anna Karenina de TolstoÏ, dans une nouvelle traduction en anglais de Louise et Alymer Maude, et le film de Joe Wright adapté par Tom Stoppart :

-Anna Karenina’s conduct (16 novembre 2012)
-You must forget me (22 décembre)
-Love and appetite in Anna Karenina ((31 décembre)

Edit
-Anna Karenina’s happiness (12 février 2013)
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Luce Sam 16 Fév 2013 - 19:09

Tom Stoppard on Adapting 'Anna Karenina,' Writing for Harrison Ford and Sean Connery (The Hollywood Reporter, 15 février 2013)
Anna Karenina was a happy time, too. What you want to have happen is to write your first draft because for a writer, it's not a first draft -- it's it. It's only other people who tell you it's a first draft. Although one keeps working, of course, right through postproduction. Essentially, [director] Joe Wright read the first draft and liked it very much. That's always a good start, isn't it?
Luce
Luce
Fan extraordinaire
Fan extraordinaire

Message  Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé